Model 1808 U.S. Government-style cartridge box. Shaped rectangular leather pouch with covering flap, 2 1/4\" wide shoulder belt for carrying, and two inserts. The bottom insert is tin, for carrying gun flints, and is accessible through a small flap on the pouch front. Above it is a wooden block, drilled to accommodate 26 paper cartridges. Shoulder strap is removable and is fastened to square steel buckles on bottom of pouch. This type of cartridge box was widely contracted by a variety of makers and was in general use until 1836. Read more »
Leather, tin, wood. H: 6"; W: 9 1/2"; Depth: 3 1/2"
1 Old Sturbridge Village Road,Massachusetts,Sturbridge,01566
Old Sturbridge Village
<p>Collection of Old Sturbridge Village</p>