This US Army Medical Department flag was hung outside of a house, church, barn or post to mark that the structure was being used as a hospital. The flag heading has "E&H" stamped on it. Evans and Hassall was business in Philadelphia that operated from 1859-1866. Army branches were assigned a color; sky blue for infantry, red for artillery, yellow for cavalry, and green for the medical branch.
Wool bunting with cotton. 13 7/8" x 28 3/8"
1195 Baltimore Pike
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania 17325
Gettysburg National Military Park