Pipe

Date:
1850

This carved wooden pipe in the German Ulmer style comes from the Lydia Leister household. The Leister home was used by General George Gordon Meade as his headquarters at Gettysburg. The pipe features a hinged metal cover that allowed its use during any kind of weather.

Description (physical):

Brass, cherry wood. L 12”

Location:
1195 Baltimore Pike Gettysburg, Pennsylvania 17325
Identifier:
2010.0005.0005
Institution:
Gettysburg National Military Park

Carte-de-visite

Vignette of General Meade. It is ID'd not signed by Meade on front in pencil. Signed in ink on backside: George G. Meade Maj Gen'l U. S. Army Commanding Army Potomac. Gallery information on backside with pricing list.

Description (physical):

.

Location:
6125 Boydton Plank Rd.Petersburg,Virginia 23803
Identifier:
2004.001.0094
Institution:
Pamplin Historical Park and the National Museum of the Civil War Soldier