White House Carpenters
This desk was a reproduction of a desk used by President George Washington. It was made from pine boards salvaged from The White House during the 1948-1952 renovations. The White House Ushers presented this desk to President Dwight D. Eisenhower as a Christmas gift in 1954. In the top drawer at the left, Eisenhower kept a card catalog of his personal library.
Wood, bronze. L 152.4, W 82.2, H 91.5 cm
250 Eisenhower Farm Drive Gettysburg,Pennsylvania 17325
Eisenhower National Historic Site