Smerango China New Castle, PA
When Manzanar first opened in March 1942, internees used standard metal military mess kits. Later, dishes including Tepco china were provided to feed up to 10,000 people. Many dishes were tossed in the landfill after the war. This sauceboat carries the following lettering: "U.S.Q.M.C. Smerango China New Castle, PA."
Ironstone. L 25.3, W 9.5, H 11.7 cm
5001 Hwy. 395 Independence,California 93526
Manzanar National Historic Site