The "Sisters of Mercy" presented this flag that was carried on a cross pole by the Montgomery Guards on March 17, 1862. The Guards, garrisoned at Fort Pulaski were made up of men of Irish heritage who came from Montgomery, Georgia.
Silk. 36" x 49" with 4" gold fringe on three sides.
P. O. Box 30757 Savannah, Georgia 31410
Fort Pulaski National Monument