Pipe Of Jefferson Davis

Date:
c. 1865
Creator:
Kaldenberg and Sons, New York City

The pipe belonged to Jefferson Davis and was used by him during his confinement (1865-1867) at Fort Monroe.

Description (physical):

A Meerschaum pipe, consisting of four eagle claw talons around a pale yellow up-turned bowl. It is 8.5 inches long and weighs 8 oz. There is a silver colored metal band from the tip of the stem. There are bite marks around the tip of the stem.

Location:
20 Bernard Rd Hampton,Virginia 23651
Identifier:
MNRO 0068
Institution:
Fort Monroe Casemate Museum