1924 Chrysler Touring Car

Date:
1924
Creator:
Chrysler Corporation

The first car to wear the Chrysler nameplate was perfectly suited to the Roaring Twenties. It was a decade of fast profits, fast music, and fast driving. A lightweight chassis and an efficient engine meant Chrysler drivers could out-accelerate Cadillacs costing twice as much. When Chrysler drivers stopped, they used modern hydraulic brakes instead of the Caddy's old-style mechanical brakes. Small wonder that Chrysler sales increased 500 percent from 1925 to 1929.

Location:
20900 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn, MI 48124-5029
Identifier:
93.96.1
Institution:
The Henry Ford
credits:
From the Collections of The Henry Ford.