U.S.S. Ticonderoga-War Of 1812 Model

Date:
1998
Creator:
W. Doolittle

After the Battle of Plattsburgh, the U.S.S. Ticonderoga was nicknamed "the ship that saved the Union." She was converted from a commercial steamer to a 17 cannon man-of-war in a fortnight at Vergennes, Vermont in 1814, in time to help repel a British naval invasion of Lake Champlain.

Location:
31 Washington Rd, Plattsburgh, New York, 12903
Identifier:
2011.456.0006
Institution:
Battle of Plattsburgh Interpretive Center and War of 1812 Museum