1916 Woods Dual-Power Hybrid Coupe

128146

keys_index
actualNumberOfElementsInArray-1

Return to Search Results | New Search


Add Tag | Comment | Rate | Share

Save Record to:

1916 Woods Dual-Power Hybrid Coupe

Advertisements for specific products, services or destinations on this website are for the information of the public, and do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by this institution, its officers, employees or agents.

Title:  

1916 Woods Dual-Power Hybrid Coupe
Date:
1916

Collection:

Creator:
Woods Motor Vehicle Company
Publisher/Studio:
From the Collections of The Henry Ford. Gift of Adin P. Rawnsley.

Content Description: 

In 1916, gasoline was cheap, and no one cared about tailpipe emissions. But this hybrid wasn't about fuel prices or pollution. Woods Motor Vehicle Company built it to capture new customers. Sales of the company's electric cars were falling as more people chose gasoline-burning cars. The Dual-Power supposedly combined the best of both, but customers disagreed. The car and the company disappeared in 1918.

Physical Description: 

Automobile

Location:
20900 Oakwood Blvd.,Michigan,Dearborn,48124
Identifier:
28.436.1

ShareThis