- Historic Sites
Bayfield Heritage Association
Archived materials include maps, early city records, photographs, newspapers, brochures, business records and personal papers which are stored at the Heritage Center. Some of the major collected objects include the original City of Bayfield switchboard operated by Helen Cease until dial telephones were installed in 1958, a horse drawn hearse from the late 19th century with both wheels and runners for snow, and a ten foot tall Theodore Ernst hand crafted case created for the local Oddfellow’s Hall banner which now displays Harriet Johnson’s 1937 hand made High School graduation quilt. In addition, visit the semi-permanent exhibit, the “Ray Cahill Barber Shop,” a favorite area gathering place reconstructed from Ray’s original cabinetry, fixtures and furniture.