- Historic Sites
Boykins Tavern Museum
Boykin inherited this land in 1780, as well as the house that had stood there since 1762. A smart businessman, he donated land for the Isle of Wight Courthouse of 1800 and even helped pay for the original courthouse, which is still standing and being used today, as well as the new jail. His tavern was conveniently located right next door for meals and refreshments needed by court officers and personnel, curious observers and travelers.