- Historic Sites
Advertisements for specific products, services or destinations on this website are for the information of the public, and do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by this institution, its officers, employees or agents.
Carte-de-Visite of George Bates. Chest portrait. Wearing uniform jacket with high collar. Short brown hair. Oval gilded frame design around image, "wire" at top, four "tassels" at bottom.
Location:6125 Boydton Plank Rd.Petersburg,Virginia 23803
- 1862 as a private. Wounded at Winchester
- 1862 was eighteen and a single farmer. Mustered in Sept. 1
- 1864 by shell in back and side. Promoted corporal
- 1865. Discharged July 7
- 1865. In later years he was the historian for 2nd CT V.H.A.George H. Bates
- CT. Enlisted July 22
- George H. Bates. From Plymouth
- Jan. 15
- Sept. 19