- Historic Sites
Advertisements for specific products, services or destinations on this website are for the information of the public, and do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by this institution, its officers, employees or agents.
Carte-de-Visite of Frederick M. Berry. Bust shot, has thick dark hair and moustache, wearing uniform jacket. Dark background on right side of image. Bronze-line powder border around edge. Captain Frederick Berry/Co. H 2nd Connecticut/Heavy Artillery/Died September 28, 1864/ of wounds received in /Battle of Winchester/Virginia (KIA)."
Location:6125 Boydton Plank Rd.Petersburg,Virginia 23803
- 1862 as 1st Lieut. Promoted to Captain on April 5
- 1864 at Taylor's Hotel Hospital
- 1864 below the knee at Winchester. Died Sept. 28
- 1864. Wounded on Sept. 19
- CT. Enlisted on Aug. 10
- Ct. See Accession File for more info.Frederick M. Berry
- Frederick M. Berry from Kent
- was twenty-eight years old and single. Mustered on Sept. 11
- Winchester. Buried in Kent