- Historic Sites
Advertisements for specific products, services or destinations on this website are for the information of the public, and do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by this institution, its officers, employees or agents.
Carte-de-Visite of Walter Burnham. Bust portrait in uniform jacket, semi-side profile. Curly hair and beard. Gray background on right of image. "First Lieut-Walter Burnham/Co. I" written at bottom. Bronze-line powder border around edges. On reverse, "Cpt. Walter Burnham/as of Feb. 4, 1865/Brevet Major Jan. 23 1865/2nd Connecticut/Heavy Artillery/ Cold Harbor/Petersburg/Opequan/Fishers Hill/Cedar Creek/K659893F43." On right side, Burnham/New Preston and illegible name.
Location:6125 Boydton Plank Rd.Petersburg,Virginia 23803
- 1862 as 2nd Lieut. Co.
- 1862 Co. I
- 1864 at Cedar Creek
- 1864. Wounded on Oct. 19
- 1865. Discharged Feb. 4
- 1865. See Accession File for more info.Walter Burnham
- CT. Was a manufacturer and married at the time of enlistment
- Jan. 23
- May 4
- Promoted to Capt
- VA in the thigh by a spherical case shot. Promoted to Major by Bvt.
- Walter Burnham. From Washington
- was 29. Mustered on Sept. 11