- Historic Sites
Advertisements for specific products, services or destinations on this website are for the information of the public, and do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by this institution, its officers, employees or agents.
Carte-de-Visite of Phillip D. Carroll. Chest length portrait, image fades at bottom edge into cream colored background. Wearing uniform jacket, short hair, moustache. On reverse, Phillip Carroll/Company E 2nd Arty./Phil Carroll/Philip D. Carroll/Res Winchester/Pvt Co. E"/Second Regt. Ct. Heavy Art./Wo. Must out July 7, 1865." and "$22.00" at bottom.
. 2 7/8" x 4"
Location:6125 Boydton Plank Rd.Petersburg,Virginia 23803
- 1862 as a private. Wounded at Cold Harbor
- 1864. Promoted to Corporal
- 1864. Promoted to Sergeant on June 11
- 1865. Mustered out
- 1865.Phillip D. Carroll
- CT. Enlisted Aug. 15
- July 7
- June 1
- Oct. 25
- Phillip D. Carroll. A farmer from Winchester
- shot in hand
- was thirty-two years old and married at time of enlistment. Mustered in Sept. 11