- Historic Sites
Advertisements for specific products, services or destinations on this website are for the information of the public, and do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by this institution, its officers, employees or agents.
Vignette of Captain James S. Stewart. ID'd on the back as being attached to the Sixteenth Heavy Artillery of the New York Volunteers. On back are listed some of the names of stops along the way for this soldier: Fort Monroe, Yorktown and Gloucester Virginia. Stamped on the back from Cambridge dated 1866. Stewart served as First Lieutenant in Company H of the Sixteenth New York Heavy Artillery from March of 1864 to March of 1865, and then later as the Captain of Company K of the same unit from March 1865 or August 6, 1865. The regiment was attached to the Second Brigade of the Third Division of the Tenth Corps. X Corps.
Location:6125 Boydton Plank Rd.Petersburg,Virginia 23803