Clyde Historical Museum

Clyde Historical Museum

Richard Edward Wolfe, a science teacher at Clyde High School, started The Clyde Museum in 1931. First located in the basement of the Clyde Public Library, the museum was re-established in 1987 at its present location. Thaddeus Baker Hurd, who organized the Clyde Heritage League in 1975, was instrumental in restoring Heritage Hall where the museum contents were temporarily stored prior to the purchase of the museum building. Formerly Grace Episcopal Church, the building was paid for by equal contributions from the City of Clyde, the Clyde Heritage League and Whirlpool Foundation.