East Hillsborough Historical Society

East Hillsborough Historical Society

The offices of the Society are located on the second floor of the 1914 Plant City High School, a National Register Historic Site, owned by the City of Plant City and operated under partnership with the East Hillsborough Historical Society. The general purpose of this Society, as set forth in Article II of the Articles of Incorporation, is to foster and encourage interest in historic inquiry and study generally, but especially among its members; to collect, preserve, and house historic documents and objects, especially those pertaining to eastern Hillsborough County and the State of Florida; to collect, preserve, and house genealogical books and materials to aid genealogical research; and further, to encourage and participate in historic preservation.