- Historic Sites
Advertisements for specific products, services or destinations on this website are for the information of the public, and do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by this institution, its officers, employees or agents.
Creator:White House Carpenters
This desk was a reproduction of a desk used by President George Washington. It was made from pine boards salvaged from The White House during the 1948-1952 renovations. The White House Ushers presented this desk to President Dwight D. Eisenhower as a Christmas gift in 1954. In the top drawer at the left, Eisenhower kept a card catalog of his personal library.
Wood, bronze. L 152.4, W 82.2, H 91.5 cm
Location:250 Eisenhower Farm Drive Gettysburg,Pennsylvania 17325