Fishing Schooner John Feeney, Noank, Conn

50536

keys_index
actualNumberOfElementsInArray-1

Return to Search Results | New Search


Add Tag | Comment | Rate | Share

Save Record to:

Fishing Schooner John Feeney, Noank, Conn

Advertisements for specific products, services or destinations on this website are for the information of the public, and do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by this institution, its officers, employees or agents.

Title:  

Fishing Schooner John Feeney, Noank, Conn
Date:
1885

Content Description: 

John Feeney was built by John Latham and originally operated out of Stonington, CT before being sold to a New York owner. She had a captain and crew of eleven and was 58.5 feet long at the waterline. From April to October she fished between Fire Island and Delaware Bay. During the winter she fished for codfish from the coast of Maryland to Block Island. John Feeney was one of the few ships of her type to have a round stern.

Physical Description: 

Decorative half hull model, probably 20th century, scale unknown.

Location:
Carderock Division 9500 MacArthur Boulevard West Bethesda, MD 20817-5700,Maryland,West Bethesda

ShareThis