Housed in the Hill Street School, built in 1899, the Frostburg Museum displays the local history of the town.
Frostburg Museum wishes to collect, preserve and present the things that have made the town special through the ages. The museum displays exhibits on the National Road, mining, industry, family living, domestics, and technology. The artifacts collection includes historic items from the city of Frostburg and its surrounding areas: a cole mine reconstruction, wood display of indigenous woods, historical maps and books relating to coal mining in and around Frostburg, and local school history and artifacts with many class pictures and a school room setting. It also preserves local family bibles, genealogical research donations, family scrapbooks, past local store records, and large photographic collection.