- Historic Sites
Hampton Historical Society And Museum
Long known locally as the Hampton Historical Society, the society was actually incorporated in 1925 as the Meeting House Green Memorial Association to honor the original settlers of Hampton. A descendant of one of those families, Edward Tuck, generously donated funds to purchase a house on the site of the original meeting house green. The land surrounding the house was laid out as a park, and the house was turned into a small museum, appropriately named the Tuck Museum.
The museum has continued to grow. Other buildings on the Green have joined the main house as exhibition areas. There is a nineteenth-century schoolhouse, a farm museum, and a fire-fighting museum.