Harry S. Truman National Historic Site

Harry S. Truman National Historic Site

Harry S Truman National Historic Site opened to the public on May 15, 1984. In her will, Mrs. Truman donated the site to the United States. Today, the National Park Service preserves and interprets the home of President Truman. Completed in 1885 by Mrs. Truman's grandparents, the fourteen-room Victorian house provided a home to four generations of the family. When Mr. Truman became President, the house became the "Summer White House."