- Historic Sites
Historic Odessa Foundation
The Historic Houses of Odessa offers guided tours all year long of five historic houses and the adjacent properties, giving visitors a glimpse backward to what life was like in Cantwell's Bridge, Delaware in the 18th century. The town features an enclave of 18th and early 19th century buildings which includes the Corbit-Sharp House (c.1774); Wilson-Warner House (c. 1769); Collins-Sharp House (c. 1700); Brick Hotel (c. 1822); and Odessa Bank (c.1853). Within the houses, the Historic Odessa Foundation's collection of over 4,000 objects spans an interpretive period in regional decorative arts from 1760 through 1850. In addition to many pieces of original family furniture made by prominent Delaware cabinetmakers of the 18th century, the collection includes major works of regional paintings, prints, textiles, silver, pewter, and other metals. The Foundation's collection is steeped in Delaware history and rich in the finest examples of mid-Atlantic craftsmanship.