- Historic Sites
Advertisements for specific products, services or destinations on this website are for the information of the public, and do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by this institution, its officers, employees or agents.
This US Army Medical Department flag was hung outside of a house, church, barn or post to mark that the structure was being used as a hospital. The flag heading has "E&H" stamped on it. Evans and Hassall was business in Philadelphia that operated from 1859-1866. Army branches were assigned a color; sky blue for infantry, red for artillery, yellow for cavalry, and green for the medical branch.
Wool bunting with cotton. 13 7/8" x 28 3/8"
Location:1195 Baltimore Pike Gettysburg, Pennsylvania 17325