- Historic Sites
Hyde Park Station
The last regularly-scheduled New York Central passenger train stopped in 1958. Subsequently the outer two tracks of the four-track "Water Level Route" were removed, and the entrances to the tunnel passage serving the southbound platform were boarded over. After the station was purchased by the Hudson Valley Railroad Society in 1975, a great deal of repair work to the windows, doors, and roof needed to be done. The new revamped station looks better than ever. Inside the station, visitors will find displays depicting the area's railroading past, running models trains, and knowledgable railroad enthusiasts who can answer questions about the great "Iron Horse".