Located in the heart of downtown Boise and constructed in the classical style of our nation's Capitol, this majestic structure was begun in 1905 and completed in 1912. East and west wings were added in 1919 and 1920. Exterior walls were built with Boise's native sandstone. Marble from Alaska, Georgia, Vermont and Italy complete the interior structure, which is topped by a 5' 7" copper eagle. Inside are displays of Idaho's history and major industries. The Idaho State Capitol Commission has completed a master plan for the building's restoration, and is in the process of repairing the exterior envelop of the structure.