- Historic Sites
Lake Region Heritage Center
LRHC was formed in 1974 and acquired the post office in 1977. The building itself is a work of art, no expense was spared when it was erected in 1908-10 because of the influences of Senator H C Hansbrough. They received national recognition by the American Association of State and Local History in 1996 for their accomplishments in interpretation and preservation of local history. They interact with local and area schools and other organizations to educate and inform children and adults. The Lake Region Art Association has a gallery which hosts about 10 fine arts exhibitions a year. A kiln was installed in the basement and has been used by instructors for teaching area children. Several thousand school children have benefited from special guided tours in the last four years.