- Historic Sites
Lci (l) 713
The LCI (L) 713 was originally built at the Lawley Shipyards in Neponset, Massachusetts and was commissioned on September 18th, in 1944. After shakedown and training cruises at Solomons, Maryland, she sailed through the Panama Canal to the Pacific Theater of Operations where she earned a battle star while assigned to Flotilla 24. She participated on two combat landings in Mindanao and Borneo before the end of World War II. From then on until December 1945 she transported troops around the Philippines. She arrived back in the United States in January 1946. She was decommissioned on October 6th, 1946 and released to the Maritime Commission for sale. She is now docked at the Amphibious Forces Memorial Museum.