- Historic Sites
Advertisements for specific products, services or destinations on this website are for the information of the public, and do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by this institution, its officers, employees or agents.
Originally planned as the air transportable 105 mm howitzer for the new airborne divisions, the M3 actually saw much more service in the cannon companies of infantry regiments. Each company had a total of six howitzers organized into three platoons. The gun used a 105 mm howitzer shortened by twenty-seven inches on the existing M3A1 carriage and recoil system built for the lighter 75 mm howitzer. Production began in February 1943 with a total production of 2,580 howitzers by the time production ended in June 1945.
Location:1713 Southwest 11th Street Lawton, OK 73501 ,Oklahoma,Lawton,73501