- Historic Sites
Advertisements for specific products, services or destinations on this website are for the information of the public, and do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by this institution, its officers, employees or agents.
Handwritten document by Samuel F. Given, 1st Lt. Cmdg. 2nd Co. VA Partisan Rangers. Certifying that on the 20th day of Aug. 1862, an election of officers of the Braxton County Company was held. Conrad Currence was elected Captain, John S. Singleton was elected First Lt. and Asa Coger was elected Second Lt.
Paper. 5 3/8" x 8"
Location:6125 Boydton Plank Rd.Petersburg,Virginia 23803
- 1862 Killed in battle May 15
- 1862 Resigned April 1
- 1862 Resigned Feb 19
- 1863 Captain Conrad Currence 2 Co. G
- 1863 Wounded April 20
- 1864 2nd Lieutenant Asa Coger 2 Co. G
- 1864 Lieutenant John S. Singleton 2 Co. G
- 62 VA Mtd Inf Enlisted Aug 20
- 62 VA Mtd. Inf Enlisted Aug 20
- Private Samuel F. Given Co. G. 17th VA Cav Enlisted Feb 16