New Hampshire Antiquarian Society

New Hampshire Antiquarian Society

The New Hampshire Antiquarian Society, founded as The Philomathic Club by three Hopkinton residents in 1859, began as a literary discussion group and was incorporated under its current name in 1875. The Society's collection of music scores, journals, diaries, books, maps, and artifacts is housed in The William H. Long Memorial Building, a gift to the Society in 1890. The Long Building is on the National Register of Historic Places.