- Historic Sites
Advertisements for specific products, services or destinations on this website are for the information of the public, and do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by this institution, its officers, employees or agents.
Light brown sheet of paper, handwritten transcription of 1998.54.9.A. Lists names of 3 officers elected to the Braxton County Company (W. VA.). 20 Aug 1862. "Signed by/Samuel. F. Given 1st LT Cmdg 2nd Co./Va."
Location:6125 Boydton Plank Rd.Petersburg,Virginia 23803
- 1862 Killed in battle May 15
- 1862 Resigned April 1
- 1862 Resigned Feb 19
- 1863 Captain Conrad Currence 2 Co. G
- 1863 Wounded April 20
- 1864 2nd Lieutenant Asa Coger 2 Co. G
- 1864 Lieutenant John S. Singleton 2 Co. G
- 62 VA Mtd Inf Enlisted Aug 20
- 62 VA Mtd. Inf Enlisted Aug 20
- Private Samuel F. Given Co. G. 17th VA Cav Enlisted Feb 16