Oil Lamp Part

40655

keys_index
actualNumberOfElementsInArray-1

Return to Search Results | New Search


Add Tag | Comment | Rate | Share

Save Record to:

Oil Lamp Part

Advertisements for specific products, services or destinations on this website are for the information of the public, and do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by this institution, its officers, employees or agents.

Title:  

Oil Lamp Part

Content Description: 

Petroleum discovered in Titusville, PA in 1859 provided Americans with a new supply of lamp oil that was cheaper and more abundant than whale oil. In 1905, during the building of the Los Angeles Aqueduct through the Owens Valley, the city of Los Angeles built its first power plant 15 miles north of Manzanar at Division Creek. Many Manzanar homes did not have electicity until the 1920s. This lamp has "Pat. Jan-6-83/Feb 11-73" embossed on the wick turner.

Physical Description: 

Metal. H 2, Dia 7.5 cm

Location:
5001 Hwy. 395 Independence,California 93526
Identifier:
MANZ 3017

ShareThis