The Davie School Foundation was founded in 1984 in order to preserve the Old Davie School as a history and culture museum of Davie and western Broward County. The Old Davie School was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988. Partnered with the Town of Davie, the Foundation operates a five-acre site which includes one of the largest collections of early 20th Century buildings in Broward County: 1918 School, 1912 Viele House, 1912 Walsh-Osterhoudt House, replica 1908 Pioneer House and Seminole Chickee. Three exhibit rooms highlight the founding and growth of Davie and the role the school played as a community center. A changing exhibit gallery features local artists.