- Historic Sites
Packwood House Museum
This museum was originally a 200-year old log cabin before it became the home of two antique collectors.
The building was constructed between 1796 and 1799 and served as a tavern for much of the 19th century. In 1936, Edith Featherston and her husband bought the house and began to fill it with art and antiques from across Pennsylvania and the world. When they passed in the 1970s, the house became a museum in accordance with their wills and now displays their thousands of antique possessions in a variety of exhibits.