Pawtuxet Valley Preservation & Historical Society

Pawtuxet Valley Preservation & Historical Society

When the society decided to rent office space on Weaver Street in Arctic, donations of books, photographs and a wide variety of other memorabilia soon crowded the limited space. In 1993, the society negotiated a lease with the town of West Warwick for the use of the old Crompton Library built in 1876 by the Crompton Company as a library for the "Velvet Village".