- Historic Sites
Advertisements for specific products, services or destinations on this website are for the information of the public, and do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by this institution, its officers, employees or agents.
1994.002.025 Revolver, Confederate Colt Model 1851 Navy Revolver ca. 1853-1857 (probably '56-'57 due to high serial number). 7 1/2"L octagonal barrel. Brass post front sight mounted 3/8" from the muzzle. Case-hardened frame is 2 15/16"L. Case-hardened hammer has a "V" notch in the lip -serves as the rear sight. The cylinder is 1 11/16"L, finished blue. Rectangular stop slots with guide grooves and six safety locking pins are at the rear. Large oval iron triggerguard with a steel or iron gripstrap. Catch for loading lever is missing. "ADDRESS COL COLT LONDON" stamped on barrel. "Colts/Patent on frame. Naval battle scene rolled engraved around the circumference of the cylinder. "V" under crown also stamped on the cylinder. Serial number "40955" stamped in the cylinder and on most major parts. British "VP" proofmark on the side of the barrel. "J.W. Wood/F.7.VA" handcarved on the butt.
Location:6125 Boydton Plank Rd.Petersburg,Virginia 23803
- 12 26 1845. Farmhand
- 1865. Helped found the Kappa Alpha Fraternity
- 1866. Moved to Mo
- 8 days. Returned 03 24 1864. On camp guard 03 25 1864. Present 04 30 1864. On sick list
- farmed for four years. Post war President of County Court and a Justice of the Peace for Hardy Co. West VA. Served three terms in the West VA House of Delegates. Post war farmer and a resident of Laurel Ridge and Lost City
- Hardy Co. West VA
- Hardy Co. West VA. Applied for a Cross of Honor 05 071906. Died
- in side. Returned by 02 25 1864. Took sick 03 01 1864
- in the same house he was born in.
- James. W. Company F. 7th Virginia Cavalry. Ashby's Cavalry Born Lost River Valley
- Lost River
- Northern District Augusta Co. 1860 Census. Enlisted Lost River
- Pvt. Wood
- went to a private home. Furloughed 03 15 1864
- went to Moorefield