- Historic Sites
St. Joseph's Mission
This first mission for the Nez Perce Indians was built in 1874 near Mission Creek on land donated by Chief Slickpoo. It was restored in 1960 and is open to the public as part of the Nez Perce National Historical Park. The Nez Perce National Historical Park is the only national park that celebrates a people instead of a place and consists of 38 sites in four states. The park headquarters is located in Spalding, near Lewiston on Hwy 12.