- Historic Sites
Advertisements for specific products, services or destinations on this website are for the information of the public, and do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by this institution, its officers, employees or agents.
Creator:Peale, Charles Willson (1741-1827)
This engraving, attributed to Charles Willson Peale, was published in the February 1789 issue of the Columbian Magazine. In addition to the new State House with its recently completed dome, on the far left is the home of John Shaw. To the right of the State House are the Old Council Chamber and Ball Room built in 1718, the octagonal outdoor privy, known as the "temple," constructed in the 1780s and the Treasury Building built in 1729.
Location:100 State Circle,Maryland,Annapolis,21401