Van Schaick Mansion

Van Schaick Mansion

The home, once used as military headquarters, contains exhibits on 18th century life and original furniture.Situated at the strategic junction of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers, the 18th-century brick mansion served as military headquarters during the French and Indian War, the Revolutionary War, and the War of 1812. The restored, Dutch colonial house museum contains 18th-century furniture donated by Alice Shelp, a Van Schaick descendant, and features rotating collections from the New York State Museum.