Fendall Hall is one of Alabama’s outstanding Italianate houses and contains elaborate and rare interior decorative painting dating from the 1880s. Completed in 1860 by Edward and Anna Young, it was home to five generations of the Young family. Among its many treasures are family and period furnishings, marble mantles, and a black and white marble tiled entry. The five-acre site includes gardens and archaeological features.
Fendall Hall was built by Edward Young, one of Eufaula's leading citizens, around 1860. After serving as home for five generations of Youngs and their descendants, the house is now open to the public. It was purchased by the Alabama Historical Commission (AHC) in 1973 for preservation as a house museum. It is restored and interpreted to the 1880-1916 occupancy of the home.