Belair Mansion

Belair Mansion

This restored plantation home of Samuel Ogle now displays the history of its residents and the city of Bowie.

Enjoy Bowie's earliest history at the Belair Mansion (circa 1745), the beautiful five-part Georgian plantation house of Samuel Ogle, Provincial Governor of Maryland. Enlarged in 1914 by the New York architectural firm of Delano and Aldrich, the Mansion was also the home of William Woodwar, famous horseman in the first half of the 20th century. Restored to reflect its 250-year old legacy, the Mansion is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.