- Historic Sites
This fort, built by General Daniel Roberdeau, set out to produce lead to make ammunition for the Continental Army. More importantly, it serves as a place for locals to flee when British, Tories, and Native Americans threatened. It also served as a base for local militias to launch attacks on the Redcoats.
The rural 230-acre tract features a reconstructed Revolutionary War stockade surrounding six log cabins. It also includes an 1858 barn containing exhibits and a museum shop, an education center in an 1860 farmhouse, three nature trails, picnic facilities, and White Oak Hall, a large multipurpose facility.