- Historic Sites
Historic Dayton House
The home was built in 1890 and first owned by George Draper Dayton, founder of Dayton's department store. The home has an immense wrap-around front porch with original columns supporting the projecting roof and balcony above, which houses a beautiful Palladian-style window comprised of leaded glass. The second floor, with its painted woodwork, is less ornate but has interesting features of its own including a curved wall in the central hall, an open staircase with carved banisters, a balcony, view of copper roofing, decorative fireplaces, 4 large bedroom chambers, and 2 servant’s chambers.
The Historic Dayton House is available to the visitors as a gathering place for events, tours, and overnight stays.