Mount Belknap Grange / John J. Morrill Store

Mount Belknap Grange / John J. Morrill Store

Unable to compete with Gilford's 1840 Village Store located across the road, this building became the permanent home of Gilford's Mount Belknap Grange. By 1900, with few farms left in Gilford, the remaining dozen members of the Mount Belknap Grange decided to turn in their charter and give their vintage building to the Thompson-Ames Historical Society to use as a museum building. This Greek Revival structure is on the National Register of Historic Places as the John J. Morrill Dry Good Store of 1857.