Church Of San Germán Auxerre
The Church of San Germán Auxerre overlooks the town of San Germán's main plaza. Spanish settlers founded San Germán parish in 1510 and built the first permanent church in 1688. Puerto Ricans repaired and reconstructed the church between 1717 and 1739 after it had suffered earthquake damage. Between 1834 and 1897, new repairs were made to the building, and in 1920, the tower was rebuilt after a 1918 earthquake.