White House Historical Association Visitors Center
In 1995, the National Park Service opened the White House Visitor Center. This facility, located two blocks east of the White House at 1450 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., provides a comfortable, accessible, indoor environment for viewing White House history exhibits and shopping at the association's gift shop.
At the Visitor Center there are educational exhibits, an information desk, the White House Historical Association gift shop, restrooms, telephones, water fountains, and a First Aid area, all accessible. There are also special programs such as park ranger talks, military concerts, and special traveling exhibits.