Union Canal Tunnel Park
Beginning in 1821, the canal was completed in 1828 with 102 locks. Unfortunately the locks were too small to accomodate some boats and they had to be enlarged during th 1850s. When the Lebanon Valley Railroad opened in 1857, it decreased the revenue and use of the canal, leading to its closure in 1885. Today the park is managed by the Lebanon County Historical Society.